Friday, January 30, 2009

Snogging

Snogging.



In case you don't know what that word means, I'll tell you in a bit. In fact, Bailey told me today what it meant. She started a conversation mentioning the word, "snogging," then asking my alerted brain if I knew what it meant, which meant she wasn't actually asking me, she was going to tell me. Now the British naturally know what this word means, because well, it's a British slang term of sorts. And if you're a Harry Potter fanatic much like myself (who has been wild about Harry for years and years and corrupted many other poor unsuspecting souls and lured them to the dark side) then you probably know what this word means through reading the best books in the universe and would understand fully why I wasn't so sure I wanted it explained to me by a four year old, even if it is purely innocent.


But I allowed her to tell me anyway. What harm could it do, right?


www.Dictionary.com version:

snogging
noun
(British informal) cuddle and kiss
WordNet® 3.0, © 2006 by Princeton University.






Bailey's definition:

"It means you're squeezing snot out of your nose."





Her version probably makes more sense, especially since she just made the word up today.

Now you will no longer wonder...and neither will I.

No comments: