Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Color Yellow

The color yellow is popular around here. It's even on the walls in our redhead's bedroom. Very few people look good in the color yellow, but my Bailey is one of them and I think I kind of like it. I look ridiculous in yellow, so it's like some sort of redemption for the color. Although, I am convinced Bailey looks good in basically any color.



The first time I saw these shoes, I fell in love with them. And then imagine my surprise when I went to purchase them from my absolute favorite children's store (Gymboree, duh) and they were $9.99 instead of almost $30. (That was bizarre because the line they were from hadn't been out even two weeks.) Regardless, I was ecstatic. (And they are the exact colors of Bailey's blue and yellow bedroom.)

Well, Bailey wore them this past week, including on Friday. It was the most appropriate activity for rubber shoes, being in a room full of water. So cute too! They're yellow, what's cuter than a pair of yellow and blue clogs? I can't think of anything else either, except maybe her cat shoes.



Well, that evening, Bailey was in her socks and commented on her yellow socks. Now, it would make sense since she was wearing yellow, but those socks weren't originally yellow. No, they were white. And now they're not. They're bright yellow. BRIGHT. And they weren't before she put on the shoes. Are you following? It's suddenly becoming clear why they were under $10. It's all making sense to me now.

Oh well. Good thing we like the color yellow, right?


No comments: