Sunday, February 1, 2009

Are you ready for some...





....Elmo?

Yeah, you read that correctly.


For whatever reason, Daddy likes to buy tickets to Sesame Street Live on Superbowl Sunday each and every year, because it never fails to come the same weekend as Superbowl Sunday. There was the year he made me sell our fabulous front row seats on Ebay and then purchased us lesser than tickets for the prior Saturday show in order to go out on Superbowl Sunday. But this year that did not happen. Nope. Not that I would have cared, just as long as we see them when they come to town..

The show was at 1 and our Bailey had absolutely no idea what we were up to. But once in the parking garage nearby the Sprint Center, Bailey remembered being there to see Elmo last year, but knew that didn't mean we were seeing it again, because seriously, would it be back? Imagine her excitement when she saw on the marquee that Elmo was back.

There will be no photos of the theatrical muppet production. Last year I was forced to return my camera to our car, so I wasn't going to go through that again. It looked like the rules had changed though, but I am glad I hadn't pressed my luck. We we were six rows back, in the middle, aisle seats and Elmo looked just as awesome as ever. He hadn't aged a bit. (We've been going for many many years, even pre-Bailey life, as I am a fanatic when it comes to Sesame Street.) The show was Elmo's Green Thumb and Bailey followed along quite intently and was able to shake many a Muppet's hand. She even got to hug Abby Cadabby.

We had a great time though and don't worry, we made it home for the game, even if it was pale in comparison. I mean, who can seriously compete with Elmo? He's always the MVP.



No comments: