Tuesday, January 6, 2009

We took the helicopter this morning

Today was our first day of school for the year and Bailey was certainly excited to go. Winter break was fantastic, but sometimes, it's nice to miss something. And since this was such a special occasion, we took the helicopter to school.

Now you may be wondering when exactly we got a helicopter (shouldn't we have purchased that after we bought a yacht and vacation homes in Aspen, Bern, and the Caribbean?) but as my car was warming up this morning, it sounded like a helicopter right outside my house. And so my mind wandered into the realm of possibilities of what it would indeed be like to take a helicopter out and about. You may not know this about me, but one of the things I want to do is learn to fly. As in flying a plane or other contraption. (I gave up a long time ago on fairy dust and magic wings). Daddy promised that someday I can take flight lessons as long as I give up the daring thoughts of parachutes and hot air ballooning. (Eh, for a bit, I have.)

So I thought about how I could put all that hard earned time from flight school to good use in my own personal helicopter that I would personally fly and Bailey could be one of those lucky souls you see in those Disney Channel sitcoms or movies where the rich kid gets to school by a helicopter. The only flaw with this plan is finding a place to land near her preschool. (Well, there is a park.) I'm guessing Bailey would prefer just climbing down herself. Couldn't you easily envision Bailey climbing down a swinging ladder with her backpack strapped tightly on her, making her way down so she can attend her classes like a loyal little schoolgirl? (Both of her grandmothers might not be too pleased by that image, but honestly, it's not all that hard since she loves ladders, climbing, and heights.) Now the obstacle in all this is the high powered swinging going on, which would make me a bit nervous as well, so I'd have to take extra lessons just to keep it steady as she climbed down. I'd also have to make sure Daddy never ever comes with us on our helicopter while I am in control.

I'd finally be the cool mom with my awesome flight capabilities (because Buddha knows I'll never be the cool mom by my fashions skills, or lack thereof).

Driving the car made me think all the more about my helicopter and how adventurous it'd all be. Then we made it to school where I witnessed her two teachers holding down one of their own daughters as the child was screaming and just as I was curious enough to ask, I spotted blood and then didn't bother to inquire further. It had me thinking though about all the science experiments they probably do to to the kids while the parents aren't around...





Isn't it nice to know I outgrew my wild imaginative delusions from childhood?

No comments: