Sunday, January 4, 2009

Thank Goodness for the 80's

Today, Daddy and I were having a conversation with a fellow grownup (a luxury, I assure you). And as we discussed everything random under the moon (still a luxury), Bailey's loathing of dresses came up. It also brought up how I occasionally get her into dresses by allowing her to wear leggings underneath and I said, "Thank goodness the 80's are coming back into fashion."

This fellow grown-up totally was getting what I meant. Long tunics and leggings, things that should probably never go together suddenly being an A-okay trend. And how I as a mother was kind of getting a compromise, the best of both worlds with my stubborn redhead. She gets her pants, I get a dress. We both win, and it looks highly acceptable; maybe. Was anything from the 80's highly acceptable or did we all just turn the other cheek and pretend we didn't see it? So during this, Daddy had to add, "I never thought we'd be thanking God for the 80's."

Well, we finally found a reason (along with some of the music). It just took a couple decades or so.



No comments: