Thursday, January 22, 2009

Blood on a platter: A Vampire Family's Meal



Tuesday evening was deemed Fondue night by well, yours truly. And to go along with our cheese fondue, I decided to cook up some basic steak. First, I needed to trim it so I could get it ready for a bath in olive oil and a sprinkle (or much, much more) of my favorite herbs. Bailey watched intently as I carefully took a knife to the slabs of meat. She then had to ask about this tiny little maroon dot towards the middle of the steak. But before she let me answer, she enthusiastically announced it was blood.




This possible identity of the maroon dot was then followed by "WE'RE GOING TO EAT BLOOD?" And just when I was ready to move this conversation, Bailey then continued to point out, "But I thought only vampires eat blood."

I think I now understand why perhaps I don't eat all that much meat. It may also explain why Bailey refused to have any part in this dinner.

Blood: it's what's for dinner.

No comments: