Saturday, January 3, 2009

Photoshop and I aren't friends right now

One of my favorite things about teaching (and this is going to seem strange to you) was when my students would say the phrase, "you're not my friend." It just cracked me up. And maybe it's because I would say that about things, you know, in all my maturity. (Oh, please, right?) Like if my car was hating me. Or my clothing started getting tighter. "That's not my friend." So when my students would say it, I would seriously get a good laugh at their own expense, I just made sure to keep the laughing internal, for the most part. I've heard Bailey say the phrase once now which tickled me pink and purple because when she finally said it, I felt like she'd officially turned into a child. A real human being child. It was that vital.

Lately, my new Photoshop Elements program and I haven't been getting along. In fact, if it weren't for the price I paid, he'd be shattered into a billion pieces right about now. It took me forever to finally break down and purchase him for myself and as excited as I was to have him, he has decided to not be all that reliable. To explain it further, he's being installed right now for the THIRD time. I haven't even had him for two full months and this is his THIRD installation. He'll work for a while then all of a sudden, I'll click on him and NOTHING. It doesn't even warn me and he's not honest and tells me, "program not working," or that there's a glitch or that he thinks we should break up or something. No, he can't do that. He just doesn't do anything. He disappears; the coward! And since he's currently the only way I can access my photos in raw format, there's a valid reason for my current angst. Believe me. Lots of angst right about now. I'm like a heartbroken teenager out for blood.

Yeah, we're not friends right now; but someday, I hope we can be.

No comments: