Thursday, April 9, 2009

Hunting Expedition


























I just adore Bailey's preschool class and today I made myself comfortable yet again in their classroom. I pity her poor teachers.

My husband couldn't believe it, but even though I headed to the store to pick up cupcake liners, I ended up cheating and bought Little Debbie marshmallow puffs. I never cheat, especially when I have something in mind. But I don't think the children cared, especially since they were going to hunt eggs after snack.

It wasn't supposed to rain until later, so I put the eggs out, came back inside to summon the little beasts and headed back out to snap some photos and what do you suppose happened? Yes, raindrops, falling on my head. So I rushed inside and informed the little heathens to hurry up. To avoid another experience like our last egg hunt, I made sure each child could have exactly twelve eggs, and in order to do that, each child had a basket made from an egg carton. I know, I know. It took the competition out of the sport, but it kept it fair and just and educational. Again, the children didn't mind.

I felt really fortunate to be able to have this experience with the kids and in case anyone was curious what the eggs had in them, the "prizes" as one child put them consisted of pellets that grow in water, bubbles, stickers, tattoos, plastic heroes, rings, Kit-Kats, foil wrapped eggs, and anything else I could possibly stuff inside an egg. And what especially made me laugh was that once Bailey heard me mention that stickers were inside the eggs, she was disappointed that she didn't get any. Eh, I hear we have some of those at home...




No comments: