Saturday, April 11, 2009

As Messy as it Looks

My Bailey just absolutely loves making things. Perhaps it's genetic, because I was born to make things, or destroy them. It's a toss up and she's rather good at both. Each holiday, we try to make these little holiday houses, like gingerbread houses. We cheat and buy them from a kit. And when I typed, try, I meant it, because this house was actually last year's version, we just never made it. Oops. Don't worry, we told her not to eat any of the candy from it. And she didn't. And no, it didn't mold. Shame on you for thinking about that.



The biggest issue was that the frosting wanted to really, really run. Fugitive style. And it dripped like a horrible leak. But I found it fascinating and Bailey just continued to work on her masterpiece. It's what she does. And I take pictures. That's what I do.


We also dyed eggs, of course. I discovered a plethora of Easter egg dye kits in the cabinet. Apparently I was saving up for a rainy day or two...or three thousand and seventy eight. Bailey decorated her house while the eggs were in a pan. It was quite the eventful Saturday night.

These two eggs liked to be near each other no matter what. They also liked kissing, which makes me reconsider homeschooling and a convent.

She gave this one hair.

No comments: