Friday, May 2, 2008

Chicka Chicka New Book

Bailey told me on Thursday that Daddy read her a new book, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom.  I most likely gave her a raised eyebrow because that book is hardly new.  It survived my teaching days and at one point in her little busy life, she went through a phase of it being her favorite, at least once.  Apparently she's in another phase of it.

 

That'd explain why she has it memorized and can tell you all about the coconut tree and Black Eyed P.  And maybe that's a bunch of mumbo jumbo for you, but you should just read the book.  It's delightful, especially if you have the attention span of a wee child, or are in fact a wee child.

 

Talking to Daddy that evening, he told me she was excited to discover it on the book shelf and his experience involved her announcing, "I haven't read this book in FIVE YEARS!"

 

So, she's only almost four...but I didn't even know she could read.

 

So whether it's been five years, in the womb, or it's brand new, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom is back.  But it'll have to share bedtime with Wacky Wednesday because she's still demanding that one too.

No comments: