Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Spider's Magic

We were heading out for a day of Wonderscopic play and Bailey had the front door open as I was corralling Fudge into her kennel and grabbing last minutes essentials (a.k.a. my cell phone and purse) and behold, there was a spider inside the door reveling in admiration from Bailey.  I don't know why, but I still get a little freaked out around spiders.  It's not as bad as it used to be before Bailey came to be, but the thought of her being near them sets off my safety alert.  It shouldn't though, this kid can surely fend for herself since just last Thursday, a spider's fate was in her hands and the results are below.

 

That's my girl.   That corpse was much bigger in real life than it is in the photograph.  According to her, she took her bug box to him.  I was impressed. 

...Okay, you can stop judging my floor right about now.  It's cleaner now. 

 

Anyway, back to today's report.  I came back into the entryway and she told me about her spider friend and I asked her to leave him alone and she told me "he just flew away."  I am sure I must have had an intrigued expression on my face along with much perplexity as I pointed out, "but spiders don't have wings."  Her reply?  "This spider was a magic spider.  He doesn't need them.  The magic makes him fly."

Eh, what do I know?

No comments: