Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Pep in her Step

It seems that Bailey woke up at the crack of dawn this morning and I can feel it too.  I could barely keep my eyes open as I watched her leaping and bouncing into the kitchen in search for breakfast.  Her nightgown was on backwards, a blue one with a white cat on it, and all I could see was this cat running backwards.  It's nice that someone can be so perky and energetic at that time of day.

 

Many hours later, flash forward to now and we're getting ready to leave (still are) and I asked her to please pick up her puzzle pieces off of the floor.  Her response?  "Well, we're going to put Fudge in her kennel when I go to Quinton's school."

There's obviously a pep in her responses today too.

I'll tell you what I told her.  "Yes, Fudge will be in her kennel, but pick up your puzzle pieces anyway."  In my head I added, "just because Fudge won't be able to chew them up doesn't mean you don't have to clean up," but I didn't say it.

 

Please excuse me while I drag myself to the car.

No comments: