Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Dinner Conversation of Titanic Proportions

Wednesday night's dinner out required some rather interesting reading material.  I glance in front of me and read the book's title upside down, and while I am quite the skilled reader at print that is indeed upside down, I really had to question myself with this one.

http://www.amazon.com/You-Wouldnt-Want-Sail-Titanic/dp/0531162109

Now before you shrug your shoulders, this is a children's book and we were getting ready to eat dinner.  ...And my child isn't quite four.  So this book did shock me a bit, even though we were completely prepared to laugh our way through this book.  Bailey was captivated by the iceberg and seemed to have a grasp of the book's subject.  Meanwhile, Daddy and I were too busy comparing it to an overly hyped movie that once swept the Oscars and everyone's movie collections.  Anyway you want to look at it though, it is most definitely true: you wouldn't want to sail on the Titanic.

No comments: