Saturday, June 21, 2008

Bailey and the Missing Book

For a few weeks, bedtime was a bit grim.  One evening, Bailey realized something was missing, and not just any something.  One of her favorite books, Olivia and the Missing Toy was missing and was nowhere to be found.  After countless hours searching along with her sidekick detective, Daddy, it turned into a very cold case. 

I was oblivious to just how full of dread this all was.  One day Bailey mentioned it to me outside, and I really didn't know what she was referring to until a conversation with Daddy.  Bailey didn't know where it was.  Daddy didn't know where it was.  Not even Mommy knew where the book was.  Yes, it was a tragedy.

So last Friday (the 13th) as we were getting ready for bed, Bailey mentioned to me that she really missed her book and needed it back.  She also shared with me that the police stole it and that "they really needed to give it back."  She was adamant in this theory and gave me details of epic proportions regarding the matter.  I think the cops realized we were on to them because within a couple of days, Daddy solved the case and the book was returned to its rightful owner.

She still wants an Olivia and the Jungle book.  Ian Falconer really does need to get to writing that.  And to the police-- please stay away from our book shelves!

No comments: