Monday, January 9, 2006

The Whirlwind of a Day continued (so read the other one first)

So, I'm crazy at this point (okay, crazier) and I drive all the way home in hysterics.  Bailey falls asleep on the way, I run into the house, find the M.I.A. purse and head back to return the menacing coat.  Normally, I would never do this much driving for something so mundane, but I was psychotic (yes, was).  SOMETHING WOULD BE ACCOMPLISHED BEFORE THIS DAY WAS THROUGH!

On the way, I'm calling STAR102 because they have this Loco for Mexico contest going on, and the oddest thing happened, I got in, the phone actually rang and wasn't busy and I actually reached a real person and was the TWELFTH caller, which yeah, is a good thing.  So, I'm qualified for some trip which I won't win, but one thing went right, so suddenly, my mood was changing.  Maybe I should be looking up.  Maybe I shouldn't be so stressed and crazy over something otherwise so simplistic.  Maybe I should appreciate my child who has been giggling or sleeping through all of this instead of focusing on the wrong...

I kind of felt like the Grinch right at the time his heart started to grow.

 

So, we return the coat and it worked much better with an ID (which I only needed because I had to write a check yesterday because my debit card is M.I.A. because somebody's midget broke it, yes, broke it).  Then it was FINALLY time for some lunch.  We stopped at some McDonalds out off 135th and it was certainly a nice one.  I had a better attitude now that I was reintroduced to Cindy Lou Who and so I filled up my drink, found a high chair, and proceeded to get our stuff ready at the table.  In the process, my drink gets knocked over making a wonderful waterfall of everything that is Diet Coke. Beautiful, eh?  The nice manager up front refused to give me paper towels like I asked for, instead he got his Mexican and made him do it.  I felt awful.  I was perfectly capable of cleaning up Bailey and my Greek tragedy of a soft drink.

We moved to a different table and pretended we didn't know who that mother with the brat was, and ate our meal, or at least most of it.  And yeah, I realize fast food hardly counts as a meal, thanks.  Bailey was really liking the look of their play area.  There were these bugs hanging from the ceiling, wind catcher bugs with spinning wings.  She was VERY excited about those.  If they hadn't been hung so high, I would've stolen her one.  Just kidding.  Honest.

It took quite a while to eat, which happens, and we finally arrived to Party City where we avoiding spilling soft drinks as best we could.  Bailey's into jewelry a lot lately, namely beaded necklaces, so we bought some Mardi Gras beads (that she won't need to earn) among other items and went to check out.  I knew this would be hard because my darling of a daughter had her grip on two of the necklaces.  She SCREAMED like a banshee as I ripped them from her so they could be scanned.  I was like, "HURRY, how long does it take to scan them!?"  Okay, so I didn't really say that, but I got them back to her as soon as I could before the store windows broke, and I'm typing the truth here.  After everyone's hair on their arms started to lie down again, we paid and left and felt much better.

 

And yeah, we finally did make it to the Y today.  It'd been way too long.  Somehow, the littlest monster knew where we were though.  She still remembered the building!  She was ecstatic.  We went to the family changing room and she jumped out and down and cheered to herself in the mirror pointing at the door to the pool area and then shouting "YAY" along with clapping.  It was mildly humorous.

She thinks she can swim, she really does.  I could let go of her, but I'd be too scared.  Something odd they make the babies do, they make them wear those bracelets that 18-20 year olds wear in 18 and over bars.  What's the point?  The pool doesn't serve alcohol and what good is a bracelet going to do when you're drowning?  Of course, I'm there with her.  Darn those people.  They won't let you just leave the kid alone in the pool. 

At some point, she was ready to get out of the pool, so we dressed and were going out the door and she grabbed onto the door edge and screamed, refusing to let go so we could leave.  It was kind of funny, because instantly, she stopped and then just started waving "bye" to all of the diligently exercising fiends.

 

So, that was our day...  I can't wait to do it again!

No comments: