Thursday, January 12, 2006

Days Jumbled

Tuesday's plans were canceled.  The moment I awoke to wet slush outside, I knew we would not be meeting Daddy for our noon tryst after all.  I usually don't like to risk driving in poor weather conditions, or potentially poor, if I can keep from it.  Pre-Bailey, it wasn't that big of a deal, but with Bailey, why go out in rain or snow if we don't have to?

Of course, by that late afternoon, we had to face facts.  We needed milk desperately, among other groceries, so we faired the weather conditions (which were fine and the snow was over by that time) and Bailey helped me pick out the right sausage and cheese and load it on the conveyer belt.  She even got frustrated with our favorite cashier and threw these brochures at her.  (Bailey was organizing the brochures in this container and the cashier made the mistake of offering to assist Miss B.  It didn't go over well.)

Back at home, we unloaded our groceries and bit through four apples.  Okay, so Bailey managed that one.  I talked her into trying to eat one (since they had already been assaulted by her teeth), and she was on board for a bit, until she decided it would be a lot more fun to make a pile of apple on the kitchen floor.  I included photos on her web site last night, so if you haven't seen them, you should.

Yesterday had other entertaining photo moments.  Bailey's been living dangerously, as always, and thinks the cat's perch of a toy is a fabulously hip place to sit and climb.  Of course, I've done that thing I swore I wouldn't do...take adorable photos of her latest stunts and then explain to her how she can't do that.  I really am ashamed.  But hey...those photos?  Yeah, they're hysterical.

I bought her a potty chair a few weeks ago.  Now, I don't expect her potty-trained by next Tuesday.  In fact, she doesn't even know what it's for yet.  I bought it to slowly introduce her to it.  I figured at some point, it is really going to spark her curiosity and soon, maybe I'll put her on it for real.  But for now, it makes for fabulous storage and a great toy while Mommy's in the bathroom.

I'm still on my Ebay mission, which hopefully ends tonight.  Then Bailey will have all of the pieces I aimed for and I'll go back on the wagon.  That's the plan anyway.

 

I apologize if you were expecting more excitement...

 

No comments: