Sunday, March 29, 2009

We knew we wouldn't like this movie

Ever since we saw our first movie preview for Monster Vs. Aliens, Bailey has been anticipating its theatrical release. She couldn't wait to see it and from the beginning of her excitement, Daddy and I have been passing back and forth groans and my popular response, "Daddy and I you can see that movie together." I thought it'd be special, yeah, and perfect retribution for being forced to watch sleep through Space Chimps by myself with the redhead. It'd be only right if Daddy and and Bailey saw a movie together too, right? I'm just sharing the opportunities. It's what I do.

Despite my efforts though, I was Mommy-napped and the three of us went to see this monstrosity. Ugh. But I was bribed with the temptation that is coffee ice cream and sat in my seat intently. At least I wasn't alone. Daddy was just as regretful. We were both sitting there to see the only funny parts which had already been featured in the movie trailer. We watched the characters we knew would annoy us. We sat there for the longest hour and a half our lives

Until something awful happened. The horrible movie wasn't so horrible. The funny parts in the trailers weren't nearly as funny as the extra jokes in the movie. We even liked the characters, actually liked them. And time flew extremely fast, so fast we couldn't believe it was already over.

To think, if we hadn't seen it, we would never have known it was actually a good time.

No comments: