Wednesday, March 25, 2009

She's Honest

....A little too much so.

I picked up Miss Bailey from preschool today and asked her if she received a prize from their prize box for the day and this how our conversation followed:


Bailey: Not today.
Mommy: Why not?

Bailey: Because I was very bad.

Mommy: What did you do?

Bailey: (as she was fidgeting)I took some toys away from some kids.
Mommy: Why did you do that?

Bailey: Because I wanted the toys back. (Pause) But that's not all.
Mommy: Did something else happen?

Bailey: Yeah. I hit some people.

Mommy: You hit someone? (the teacher nods) Why?

Bailey: Because, I don't know. They shouldn't take the toys.

Mommy: Bailey, that's not a reason to hit anyone. We do not hit people. (Gives stern look.) Will you do it next time?

Bailey: Eh, maybe...(pause) not.

Mommy: (trying not to laugh) That would be "NO," no, you will not hit again. (Still trying not to laugh.)



So, will it happen again? Probably.

No comments: