Monday, March 23, 2009

Life Care


After ballet this afternoon, I needed to make a stop to drop off some donations to a local agency. Bailey was still in her dance attire and most importantly, her ballet slippers, so I grabbed her out of her seat and we went to the front passenger side so I could grab Batch #1 of donations and Bailey leaned just the right wrong way and the door crashed into the side of her face. OUCH is right. It made me want to cry, let alone poor Bailey.

I felt awful that it happened. Here I was holding her so her slippers wouldn't get dirty on the pavement and I felt extremely responsible for this bruise that was quickly forming on her little head. She forgave me instantly and reminded me that we really need to be more careful.

The true irony was in the name of the agency we were donating items to. It's called Lifecare, and I find it ironic because as we were dropping off said items, I was hardly caring for my life (yes, as in Bailey) quite as carefully as I should have, because even though it wasn't entirely my fault, I'm supposed to be the responsible one. Live and learn.

No comments: