Monday, March 30, 2009

She has been paying attention!

Don't tell Bailey's ballet teacher, Ms. Heidi, but this morning I realized we hadn't had Bailey practice her dance for their spring performance at all this past week. And that's not good since Ms. Heidi went out of her way and made us a CD of the song and printed out a sheet of the dance moves along to the lyrics. Yeah, I'm not always such a good mom.

So, when Bailey and I returned home this afternoon, we put the CD in and Bailey set up a couple animals to watch her perform and I studiously had the sheet in front of me and prepared to dart my eyes back and forth from the paper to my dancer. I wasn't expecting much, in fact, I was surprised she was willing to perform for me without any arguing. The music started and instantly my tiny dancer was indeed dancing and she did EVERYTHING on the paper, even the dance moves I didn't know what they were by name, she did them and now I know what they are! I couldn't be more proud. I was so impressed and beyond thrilled and perhaps I shouldn't have doubted her at all.

Now I know we must practice this at least twice a day, just so I can watch her awesome little self put on a fantastic show for me. And I'm sure Ms. Heidi would agree that practice makes perfect!

No comments: