Wednesday, February 4, 2009

It's so sad

We had a crazy day today and we came home and Bailey decided to try some Spaghetti O's (even after my persistent warning) and it needed to be opened with a can opener.


Yeah, big deal, right? Right. So I went to use my can opener, which is this funky handheld sort that has to be charged. Well, it didn't work. My idea was to save the nasty can of O's for another day, but Bailey vetoed my proposal. I then thought I was going to have to resort to stabbing the can with a knife, but my Bailey suggested the "new" can opener we have in the utensil drawer, apparently "the one Daddy uses."


Now this is where you get to make fun of me because I do not know how to use one of these things. I've never had to use one of these things. And if it came to being out in the woods and that's all I had, trust me, I'd willingly starve because there's nothing THAT good in a can anyway. But I had to try anyway, right? I had a four year old depending on me.


That's when one of the saddest moments in my life happened.



Yes, the saddest.


My redhead told me how to use the can opener. And she told me correctly. Yeah, that's sad. Children are supposed to teach their parents new technology, not old.


I'm going to go bury my head under some covers now. But before I do that, I was at least right and all-knowing about one thing. She did absolutely detest those Spaghetti O's using the words, "horrible" and "terrible," as a description.

She hates them just as I finally have learned how to open them...


Sigh.

No comments: