Saturday, February 14, 2009

Gone Hollywood

I've gone Hollywood. At least that's what I discovered about myself today. No, I didn't spend $1,000 on a handbag or a pair of shoes. And I didn't raid the makeup counter either. Please, this is me we're typing about here. But I have indeed picked up some traits of the Hollywood Club of Motherhood. I've gone and turned into a Hollywood mother, or at least one of those celeb-reality sociopaths, and I know this because today I was strung out on over the counter meds (at least that's the description I'm giving you for the sake of this post). And then I was trying to figure out if you're allowed to take Mucinex along with Daytime Tylenol Multisymptom Relief. And I was pondering this in the restroom of a local mall as I felt quite similar to an inebriated sorority sister or quite possibly, Elizabeth Taylor.


Yes, I've turned into one of those.



Oh yes. Everything is a daze as I've been swallowing those tempting little pills trying to get over this cold that spawned (I'm sure of it) from that nasty sinus infection that left me unable to cry for far too many days. I hate taking medicine, so I only do it once I get really, really desperate. Which would be about now. And after going completely drug-free during this cold alongside my attempt at parenting, I've had to finally turn to drugs. It now makes sense. I think I understand all those Hollywood parents. This is what I've been driven to do. I needed the drugs. I needed something. The drugs were there. They were calling my name. I held them off as long as I could, but I'm only human. I bit the apple.


But I'm also suddenly regretting that spontaneous decision being that I started feeling really weird and I couldn't decide which drug was to blame. Perhaps there is such a true thing as an accidental overdose and it wasn't just made up for the Hollywood media after all. Regardless, sometimes you need the drugs, no matter what Tom Cruise says. I just need to find the ones that actually work.

No comments: