Thursday, February 12, 2009

They've been lied to

We've had some nice weather lately, but it's mid-February in Kansas so there are a couple of things to consider.



a.) It won't last


b.) The weather changes quickly and often, even dropping 50 degrees or more within a day. Shorts on one day, winter coat the next. Too hot for a jacket at 3 pm, frozen Popsicle at 8 pm.




But you must take what you can get, and if it's going to be a beautiful day, you might as well enjoy it, so that's what Bailey, Fudge and I have been doing. And just as we've started to do so, I had a surprise waiting for me, and I wasn't happy about it.






What on earth are you guys doing here already??!






The plants didn't answer.

But my neighbor, Lee, answered for them.




They were lied to.




An unforgivable deception in my eyes. Nevertheless, let's hope they last. I'm all for an early spring.

No comments: