Monday, February 2, 2009

Shadow of the Day




All day long, actually, for several days, I had this idea. I have lots of ideas, constantly, but I had this idea to use Bailey's otter she got from a Kansas City Royals' game, the same otter she stole a hat and fish from, to substitute as a groundhog and take some fabulous photos for the day. It seemed to be a bloody brilliant idea, or at least cute.

The only minor (major) flaw? Bailey refused to take part. Absolutely refused. To the point of going to bed without being tucked in at all because that's how against the idea she was. She put it off all day, promising me we'd get to it, and then refused to deliver by bedtime. I'm getting irritated by her forceful refusal of photo sessions. It's really getting serious and Daddy thinks it's funny and pointless. Even though he claims he doesn't, Bailey has no problem pointing out that even Daddy thinks I take too many photos and need to lay off. Probably some truth there and some validity, but if I completely stopped taking photos, who would take them?

Exactly my point.



So here's my lonely little Groundhog impostor, all by his lonesome, and there is a shadow unfortunately, a shadow of regret over getting so frustrated at Bailey for something as simple as a photograph with a stuffed beast. It was simple enough that she should have obliged, but also simple enough we should have let it go much sooner instead of letting it escalate to an uneventful bedtime.

Perhaps we'll do better next year. It's certainly not worth prolonging the winter blues.

No comments: