Thursday, June 1, 2006

Chit Chat

On Tuesday night, I'd spent over an hour laying down with Bailey, attempting to get her to sleep.  Then my phone rings, and although it's random with its ringing (75% of the time only vibrating), of course, it chose this time to ring.  I knew who it was, it was Daddy, and just in case something was wrong, I answered it.  Bailey took this moment to crawl out of bed too and run over to her basket of toys in the living room.  I thought to myself, "GREAT!"  Well, she must have known what she was going for.  She grabbed a toy phone (actually it's a toy remote, but it passes for a phone quite easily), and Bailey started talking on it too.  "Hello?"  (Followed by much jibber-jabber)

 

I scooped her up, both of our phones in hand and laid back down with her.  I hung up my phone, hers was still tucked between her hand and ear, and we just stayed there and within minutes, my little phone princess was asleep, phone still in tact.

 

No, I didn't take any pictures.  It was too late, dark, and sleep was far too important for all of that.  But it's still an incredibly adorable moment to savor and share.

No comments: