Thursday, June 22, 2006

Or I could be wrong...

And I was.  The two book limit at the library?  Yeah, I thought two books were her limit?  Well, we returned to the library for toddler story time today and Bailey decided to prove me wrong and create a new policy.  Instead of two books, we went for no books.  Her limit was zero.  That's right, she didn't want any books read to her today.

And could she just walk around quietly like normal?  No.  No, she couldn't.  She was quite loud, so we temporarily exited the room, with the hope of returning.  She was even louder outside of the room and spotted the tomato.  I told her to play in the "apple," we have to finish story time.  After some hitting (me being hit by HER), more scolding, and her not settling down by any means, we returned to the room long enough to grab my purse, our umbrella, and to hang up Bailey's name tag.  Our next goal was to leave the building.

I expected to leave the building with her kicking and screaming to play in the apple and honestly, that didn't bother me in the slightest.  However, shockingly, she said, "Bye  apple," and then she walked herself up the stairs.  I guess she didn't want to have story time today, and since it's supposed to be fun for her and something she enjoys, if she doesn't want to be there, I'm not going to force her, especially if she has the potential to ruin it for the other children.

 

I hope she actually wants to be there next week.

No comments: