Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Back to the 'Scope

We had a picnic with Daddy today at a park.  Bailey was too excited to eat, but used the park's slanted tunnel as a slide.  After over half an hour of playing, she was definitely thirsty.  We brought along thirst quenchers aplenty.

Wonderscope was next on our list.  I must admit, I'm warming up to the 'Scope, I really am.  Of course, I still get a little nauseated each time she walks down that little padded staircase, reliving that horrible afternoon.  Maybe it'll go away eventually, after enough therapy.

At the 'Scope, she found a baby.  She likes babies.  They're fascinating little creatures with noses and hands and they're just little.  The baby had something even more intriguing: a bottle of his very own.  Bailey was talking with the Baby's mother about this bottle and the sneaky rascal that she is touched the nipple twice before either of us could stop her grubby little paws, then put her finger to her mouth and said, "That's good!"  I'm still slightly grossed out, and in my head I just KNOW it was breast milk.  Ha.  The baby's mother laughed, but I'm thinking that deep inside she was thinking, "that brat just contaminated his bottle," and tried her best to sterilize it. (Or, since he's her second child she was like, "eh, worse has happened," but I'll go back to thinking negative thoughts.  Heh.

Not all children like to share.  A little girl today wanted Bailey to go away.  Later she tried to warm up to her, but Bailey was hesitant.  Yeah, I don't blame her either.  Then in the grocery store room, two boys were being mean to a room full of children, while their teenage babysitter sat on her rear in a chair playing with her cell phone.  These little boys took over half a room of toys and were quite rude in telling other children they couldn't play there.  There was also another little girl who said, "but Mommy, I don't want that girl near me."  (Bailey was trying to help her "shop," and the little girl must be used to nuisances since she has a 12 month old sister, so I could see why she wanted a break.)

We were ready to go, so I thought, and Bailey threw herself on the tile and then ran into another room.  We hadn't been in that room yet today and she just did a quick walk-through and then went back to the front.  I guess she just wanted to feel accomplished.  She slept shortly thereafter and I did some party-shopping in Party City and she awoke as we were checking out. 

It wasn't a long nap, but we ran another errand, shared some ice cream, came home, played with the dog, and we even went swimming this evening!  Bailey didn't want to leave the pool, but we made her anyway since she was shivering.  We didn't take the camera to the pool this time and Bailey was trying her best to swim.  She looks so adorable in her pink life jacket.

And luckily, there weren't any children there telling her they didn't want to play with her.  And for now on, we'll avoid other people's breast milk.

No comments: