Thursday, June 22, 2006

A very Egg-citing start to Summer!

Bailey has a fascination with eggs.  I'm not sure why this is, but she loves those darn things.  Lately, she's been playing in the kitchen drawer where her sippy cup lids are kept.  What do lids have to do with eggs?  Well, I'll tell you.

Inside this same drawer are these little plastic collapsible cups that came with an egg kit we used the night before Easter.  Bailey remembers this, and after finding one, she asked to paint eggs. 

Luckily for Miss Bailey, I stocked up on egg kits after Easter since she'd enjoyed this activity so much.  That part was easy to provide.  However, in order to dye eggs, you need boiled eggs (although we did prove that wrong during Easter). She wasn't too fond of the concept of boiling.  We threw a couple fits first, but finally, we had the eggs going.  This is a much more tedious process than I ever remembered it being, because then you have to cool them down. 

Even though I stalled as long as possible throughout each step, Bailey never wavered her desire to dye eggs today.  Because of this, with a smock around her neck and news print covering the kitchen table, Bailey indeed had the chance to dye her four boiled eggs multiple colors until every egg was cracked and I'd had all the dye-splattering that I could handle.  After this, a bath was required (yeah, she was bummed...HA) and my kitchen table was in serious need of a makeover (or just a good scrubbing, which I gave it).

 

Eggs aren't just for Easter anymore.

No comments: