Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Whatever happened to the dinosaurs?

Bailey and I were talking about the things we'd do next week as I was combing violently through her hair.  And among those things we'll do next week is a visit to a museum that houses dinosaur bones.  Real bones.  And Bailey wanted to make sure they'd be real bones and she also wanted to know if there would be real dinosaurs there, as in alive and well and stomping about.  She was quite specific.  I explained to her that dinosaurs are extinct, which I think she knew, but was hoping otherwise regardless.  And suddenly, she really wanted to know what happened to them and I was honest and told her "no one really knows," and that it happened a long time ago.

 

And after a bit of thinking, Bailey announces, "I KNOW!  Do you think maybe their faces crashed into an airplane that was flying and they all died?  I think that's what happened to the dinosaurs."

 

Asteroids, airplanes.  Eh, I think the kid could be on to something.

No comments: