Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Spaced Out

Bailey and I were on the go a lot today.  We had a mission to complete, one of epic proportions.  This week is dance camp, so we went to that, and then headed off to do a massive list of errands and the grand finale was to see the movie, Space Chimps, just the two of us.

Maybe it was all of the errands I squished into one afternoon, or maybe it's my five hour or less a night of sleep routine, but I fell asleep during the movie.  Not that it's unusual for me to fall asleep during movies.  Our first date (Daddy and mine) involved such an act.  But there I was, and I must add, it was a nice nap.  And although Bailey caught me once snoozing and her face ended up in mine staring at my eyelids, I played it off well, and immediately crashed again.  It didn't ruin her movie going experience and I'd had a good time sleeping, since I don't do as much of it as I should sometimes.  However, next time I take my daughter out to a movie, I hope to keep my eyes open, even if it requires toothpicks and lots of pain.

But yeah, the movie wasn't so bad.  Bailey recommends it, but it's no WALL*E.  Mommy would never fall asleep during WALL*E.

No comments: