Friday, July 11, 2008

The Bump is Back

 

I know a few of you were disturbed by our Memorial Day discovery and I had planned to never show such a thing before, since well, it certainly wasn't something I wanted to see either.  However, it was an ear infection and since she wasn't complaining, it was good that the whole thing was sorted out and it disappeared and her ear was in good health again.

 

Well, I don't know what it is about holidays, but a few days before the Fourth of July, I was working on Bailey's hair (emphasis on the work) and was not happy when I found a bump.  And it was the other ear, but not only was there one bump, there were TWO. 

She went to the doctor on the 2nd and sure enough, there was now an ear infection in the second ear.  The first time, not only was there an ear infection, but it was the whole party, pus and all.  I don't recall knowing those details until Dr. Flint shared them with me.  Dr. Flint had been out of town the last time around and was reading her file.  I was right by the way.  Last time, I had guessed the bump was a lymph node and that doctor had argued with me, and well, I'm not a doctor, so I figured she was correct.  Well, they are lymph nodes, and they're not really supposed to do that, but it's not serious either, as long as her infection was treated.  Dr. Flint couldn't believe Bailey hadn't complained at all.  She commented on what a trooper Bailey was and how strong, and listening to her, it told me she had to have yet another full blown infection. 

Thank goodness for those indicator bumps then.  As creepy and disconcerting as they are to witness, at least they do their job in letting us know there's a problem, because Bailey certainly wasn't telling us.  Not that I'm complaining that she's not a complainer...

 

And I'm not sure if this will redeem myself for all of the photos, but they're getting better again.

No comments: