Thursday, July 3, 2008

Not the Momma

Even as a baby, Bailey never really referred to me as "Momma."  (Or is it Mama?  I can never tell.)  When I hear other children say it to their respective mothers, it still seems all awkward to me.  Not that I've always been Mommy.  I still recall the almost-year I spent as "Mother," and all the numerous occasions I've been "Mom."

 

I still get giddy every single time I'm called, "Mommy."  I will never take it for granted. 

 

But lately, I've caught Bailey calling me "Momma," and it's definitely because of outside influences and it bugs me forever times more than when she called me "Mother."  I shudder each time and at times have corrected her.  And you can tell that even when she says it, it kind of bugs her too.  She'll correct herself as well.

 

Because while I adore being Mommy, and can deal with being "Mom" or "Mother," I am certainly not the Momma.

No comments: