Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Kid's Day...err...Hour Out

Yesterday was Monday. Monday is Kid's Day Out. We haven't gone on Monday for at least a couple weeks now and since yesterday was the last Monday until after the new year that we could go to, we decided maybe we should do just that. So, obviously we went. We arrived around 11 because we were doing things before that and we arrived only to discover that they were actually all leaving at noon. The teacher apologized profusely and I'm sure my face looked bewildered and fragile. I asked if I could pick her up within an hour because I knew there would be a kicking, screaming feud if I forced Bailey to go home right then.

I did things in that hour I didn't know I could do. I went into one store and then to the Retail Giant and at the Retail Giant, I managed to buy food and household items for two families and checkout all in thirty minutes. They said it could never be done. I thought it could never be done. I powershopped like a powershopper has never powershopped before. And then I picked my child back up.

It was our last Kid's Hour Out for the year and at least it was a productive one. Regardless, I think next time we shoot for it being a day.

No comments: