Monday, December 29, 2008

The Fire

Now, there are few things more terrifying than taking a shower and having your wee redhead enter the bathroom to mention something about setting a fire in the living room.

There are quite a few things scary during this predicament, mainly a woman's worst fear of being naked during a fire. Not something any fireman or neighbor should have to witness. And the thought of your small child being a pyro like yourself doesn't help much either. So, to make sure I didn't have to run in a panic outside in all my natural glory, I asked Bailey, "a REAL fire?"

"No, a pretend fire. And I'm roasting weenies. Do you want to roast weenies with me?"

"Let me finish washing my hair first, okay?" I said this while finally being able to breathe again.

"Okay! But Fudge can't roast weenies over the pretend fire because she doesn't have any arms, only legs. My friends are going to roast weenies too. But Nemo already roasted his weenies over the pretend fire. And he already ate his. He ate fire because his caught on fire and ate it. He likes tasting fire."

This whole conversation had me extremely curious what I'd discover in my living room and coincidentally enough, I heard sirens pass the house as I entered the living room. I was quite pleased to know it truly was a pretend fire. And Bailey was thrilled that my hair was nice and clean and I could finally roast some weenies with her. She went into her bedroom for a moment and I heard, "Roasted weenie time," followed by, "YAY! YAY! YAY!" in a variety of voices. I hadn't realized we would have hundreds of animals roasting weenies with us, nor did I realize just how handy those new plastic tinker toys (not wooden, which was disappointing) would be. Bailey asked her friends, "who's first?" with many animals answering, "ME!"

I would also like to point out that her new swimming puppy from Santa didn't eat his, he only licked it with his mouth because that's what dogs do (according to Bailey).

I was just glad, ecstatic even, that I had clothes on just in case our pretend fire got out of hand. I told you, NO ONE needs to see that.





No comments: