Sunday, November 23, 2008

There are just some things that Santa won't buy

I'm sure a few people out there think that Santa is a bit too generous to my child. I'm a bit partial on the matter, because I've seen impoverished people who have much more spoiled children with a yard full of Power Wheels and a toy box full of every kind of Fisher-Price Little People they could get their grubby hands on. But yeah, I suppose Santa can be sort of generous when it comes to little redheads named Bailey.

Yet, there are times when Santa must draw the line. Like Butterscotch the ridiculously priced and sized pony that would never fit in our little yellow house in Ruralville, Kansas. Or pet reptiles. In fact, any additional pets. And it goes with the pet theme, since I have a feeling Santa is boycotting one of the particular things Bailey has been eyeing for Christmas. The Littlest Pet Shop VIP pals, the two pack edition.




These things are so incredibly ugly they make me cross-eyed. They're so fuzzy and sweet I fall into a diabetic coma just at a wayward glance. Then at times, they seem like they're trying too hard to be all fuzzy and sweet, like they're secretly possessed. And I just can't figure out why she'd want them at all. What is that child of mine seriously going to do with these things? Okay, besides annoy me.


Yeah, I think Santa and I are going to end up passing on this two pack of demonic critters. I'll leave it to someone else out there who doesn't mind their crazy eyes and awkwardly proportioned bodies. Or someone who enjoys the fact I hate those things. Either way.

No comments: