Monday, November 24, 2008

It's the thought that counts

Bailey asked me today about what I want Santa to bring me for Christmas. I answered that all I wanted for Christmas was my Bailey to be happy. She told me that wasn't a gift and that I'm supposed to get toys. I explained that I didn't need any toys and that again, I just wanted her to be happy. She seemed pleased with my second answer, regardless of it being repetitive, and then she asked what Daddy wanted. I guessed by telling her similar to what I wanted. She didn't seem quite as pleased so I asked her if she thought he needed a present for Christmas and she answered, "Yes. I think he needs a new computer because his keeps shutting off. That's what I want to get him."

Then she decided she wanted to get me something too, just to keep us even, I suppose. What is she getting me? "A bottle of shampoo with a blue lid that is blueberry, it smells like blueberry." It is indeed the thought that counts.

No comments: