Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Good thing we recycle


I promise you this isn't some guilt trip pushing the rest of you into extreme recycling. Honest. Instead, this is just a moment to tell you that yesterday, I was thanking my lucky stars that I do recycle. And probably not for reasons you might think. Or maybe you did think them. Either way.

I was taking bags of recyclables out to my car in order to make what sometimes feels like an unnecessary trip when I could just throw this stuff out in the trash can like anyone else (see, I'm human) and I saw that in my newspaper stash, there was one rolled paper that was still in its orange uniform. We didn't always get to the local paper, which may have to do with why last month when its six month subscription ran out, it took a while to notice. It wasn't uncommon for us to end up just instantly putting them into the newspaper stash for recycling. Well, it can't be recycled in its bag, so I took it out and removed the rubber band straitjacket, and it came unrolled and I saw something of interest. For whatever reason, I recognized someone by their scalp, or the possibly of recognizing them. You can check for yourself too. And the scalp I recognized wasn't the scalp you'd think.

No comments: