Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Going Green

I'd like to consider my family a bit more "green" than others, mostly because of our recycling and conservation efforts, but today, Bailey assisted us in taking the next step. While I showered, she created her own canvas into the green movement. Of course, I had no idea how creatively motivated she was when I saw her using a baby wipe on my couch. Red and yellow paint somehow found their way on my couch. What had happened was that she decided to use her new paints that Great Aunt Liz sent her and used the couch as her easel. Then my wary eyes noticed my beloved and new bedspread crumpled up next to the couch. I'll be honest, I curled up with it while hanging out with her in the living room. I was a bit exhausted and cold, and that comforter feels so cozy. I had to ask her. I had to know if there was paint on it and she confirmed it. She then proceeded to show me her handiwork. It looked like Jackson Pollack had found his way to my beige and white comforter with a splash and splatter of green paint. It wasn't everywhere, but you can see where her paintbrush had dripped a distinct stream of green. And since this is not easily washable paint, the green is here to stay (for now). It's not just a trend. Oh no. It's a way of life.

No comments: