Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Doctor's Diagnosis

I was going to write a post last Wednesday called, "Doctor, Doctor," but well, obviously, I did not.




But had I written it, it would've been fabulous, I assure you. And possibly informative. No wait, definitely informative. Alas, I did not.



But had I...even though I didn't, you'd know that those enlarged tonsils we discovered over a year ago are finally being kicked to the curb, evicted if you prefer, nixed, axed, yanked, flogged, well, you get the picture, maybe. And in the midst of the argument, the adenoids are leaving too. And that's not all, folks.

We're doing what anyone does in a breakup, we're on to something new: ear tubes.


After finally meeting the infamous Dr. Wei, the woman we've been impatiently waiting to meet, she diagnosed Bailey within seconds and gave us a thorough briefing on exactly what would happen and why. (It felt like a sales pitch, honestly, a rather convincing one.) The awesome part is that the doctor claims all of this will take place in less than forty-five minutes, INCLUDING the wonderful gas mask. She even gets to pick the flavor. Bailey's as thrilled as can be. And surprisingly, we're not all that scared. I guess it's because we knew this was happening for almost a year, so it's just relieving to know we're finally getting it over with.



And luckily, we'll never have to do it again.

No comments: