Monday, May 29, 2006

A Sticky Situation

Starting this past week, Bailey's been helping out even more around the house, literally.  We started a game using her snail wheel barrow that I so luckily found on clearance for $7.48 instead of its original $29.99 price tag.  This game involves picking up sticks and putting them in previously mentioned contraption.  She acts like I've done a huge service to her for allowing her to pick up the sticks in the yard.  She even thanks me for this privilege.  She actually asks permission to do this!  We'll be playing in the yard, and then she will suddenly ask to pick up sticks with hopeful eyes.  If only everyone showed this much gratitude when you allow them to do chores.  I'm hoping this keeps up FOREVER. 

(This started on Friday and she insists on doing it every chance she gets and we're running out of sticks.)

 

I suppose I could let other people use her lawn services...for a fee, of course.

 

 

Another thing, and everyone basically knows that children take most uses of language literally.  Well, during a brief conversation on Saturday with her father, I said something involving "stick with it," and Bailey had that familiar glow in her eyes, mixed with curiosity and asked about the sticks. 

The look on her face: "where are these sticks you speak of, and what are they with?"

I really must work on how I word things.

No comments: