Saturday, January 13, 2007

Cutting Edge...and America's Funniest Video...if indeed on video

Thursday had a few bangs in it, mostly on Bailey's forehead.  She now officially has bangs.  Getting to that point though was quite the struggle.  For Bailey's first hair cut, I took her to a salon for children appropriately named, "Shear Madness."  That name describes the time I spent there rather perfectly as my daughter was tortured excruciatingly, well, according to her version.  I now know one of the secret tactics the CIA uses to make people talk.  They just try to cut the suspect's hair. 

If I had videotaped this experience, which I didn't, but if I had, you would have witnessed my daughter screaming, "NEVER, NEVER, NEVER!" and "OW THAT HURTS" and "Let's go to Bailey's red car, let's go, Mommy," among other hilarious dramatic phrases.  This was not Bailey's most favorite activity, as easily predicted by Mommy.  It's no wonder I'd put it off for so long.  It's also not a surprise that as much as Daddy thought it was time for Bailey's first haircut, he was shockingly not present for it.  Trust me though, he's heard stories, over and over again.

After that haircut,thank goodness ice cream is the cure-all for everything.

The salon was absolutely fantastic though.  It had the car seats, just like I had dreamt of, and they had televisions with the movie of your child's choice to watch.  It would've helped if Bailey had been a bit more quiet, then we could've listened to the movie she chose, a Dora and Diego one, but she too busy screaming to the point I could see her tonsils with ease.  There's also a waiting room play area, and a boutique with educational toys, among other nifty things.   The girl who cut my Bailey's hair was an angel of mercy.  Granted, I had to hold Bailey down and pin her arms while she held onto the scissors and did her evil bidding, but she actually made it look easy.  We tipped her well and Bailey never wants to see her face again.  It was worth every penny, and although her hair isn't all that different, it finally looks a little bit more organized with the bangs.  The back was also slightly trimmed, but still ever so curly.  We paid for the Baby's first Haircut package, so they took a before and after photo and put them on a certificate with a lock of Bailey's hair.  Bailey actually appreciates her souvenir and lets me know frequently that it belongs to HER and not me.

 

I really wish I had brought the video camera and put it on the tripod or something.  It would've been worth thousands. 

No comments: