Thursday, October 19, 2006

Gross Admissions

I failed to share this while it was going on, but for a while we were going through a terrible phase where poop was becoming fingerpainting, and you can imagine, I'm sure, just how gross that was to find, let alone clean up.

A couple months ago, I overheard Bailey playing with her dollhouse and it became abundantly clear that our life was living inside that dollhouse, along with anything we said or did.  Now, while your imagination is getting the best of you, and you're making assumptions, cursing wasn't inside the dollhouse.  No, instead, the parent dolls were saying "Where does the poop go?!"  And the baby doll would say, "In the potty."  "The poop doesn't go [insert wherever the poop was instead], it goes in the potty!"  Teeth brushing has also been featured in Dollhouse episodes.  Nothing really bad, just our daily lives, and unfortunately, "where does the poop go" was part of our daily lives, because anytime the poop was being smeared, those questioning words would come from our mouths.

Getting this horrible chapter behind me has been my goal and until today, I thought perhaps it had been done so.  Well, after spending fifteen minutes scrubbing my carpet, I assure you, it's not over yet.  But my darling genius did make sure to point out later, after she scrubbed her hands completely clean that it was poop on the carpet.  She then asked, "what color is the poop?" to which she immediately answered, "GREEN! That's GREEN poop!"  I really wasn't feeling quite proud at the moment, but obviously, she knows her poop.

If only she could put her poop in the potty and not on my carpet.

 

And next time you're in our house, I just know you're trying to figure out where it was.  But whatever you will find, that's not it.  I got the stain out completely.

No comments: