Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Daddy's Birthday

Well, today was (still is) Daddy's birthday.  Daddy had a not-so-fun engagement this evening, so Bailey and I decided to find a way to make his day be a little better.  We spent this morning in the kitchen preparing our version of "better."  "Better" tastes a lot like manicotti and a train cake, both which Bailey was a huge help with.

 

If I haven't shared this before, you'll now know, my Bailey loves helping in the kitchen.  It's not uncommon for me to awake and discover that she had pushed a kitchen chair to the countertops where she has reached a cake mix, pudding, or chocolate chips and was patiently awaiting a recipe.  It's also not uncommon for her to ask to bake something.  Wearing her apron is more important to her than even wearing a crown, and for Mommy to bring up the idea of baking?  Now, that's a dream come true and this morning, was exactly the case.  We woke up and I asked her if she wanted to bake a cake and off to the kitchen she ran, pushing a chair to the counters, closely thereafter.  I really don't know what I'd do without her inspiration though.  The colors in the cake we made?  She picked them all out.  She helped me design the cake.  See, I'd be lost without her.

 

The manicotti managed to stay HOT even after the long drive and a stop to get warm, fresh bread to go with it.  Daddy was quite surprised and pleased and Bailey was then even more excited because she knew afterwards, we were going to Wonderscope.

 

I haven't been sharing lately how fabulous our trips to the Wonderscope Children's Museum have been, but they've been AWESOME.  We have such a fantastic time together.  Most of the time, we're pretty much the only people there, and it's such a blast.  We were there until about 4:30 today and she knows every room by heart as she leads me around.  The "doctor room" and "art room" are her two latest favorites.  The "golf ball room" is less of a priority.  The toddler room is fun for a while. The "lizard room" is still a must-see and a lot of our time is spent in the "grocery room" as she makes pizza.  She makes the best pizza ever.  If only I could keep her from putting any part of her mouth on it when she pretends to eat it...

 

We're pretty sure Daddy enjoyed our surprise today and we enjoyed putting it together for him. 

 

Happy Birthday, Daddy!

No comments: