Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Out and About

Almost every Tuesday, Bailey and I venture out and take Daddy for lunch and then ditch him for an afternoon swim.  Today, was just like the typical Tuesday in that aspect.  Bailey kept me entertained during the drive by playing with this fleece hat of hers.  It's the funniest hat.  I bought it at Old Navy and it has all of these flowers growing out of the top.  I need to get pictures of her wearing it.  It's TOO funny.

Anyway, we're driving and Bailey takes this hat and puts it on her head a million different ways, including covering her whole face.  I couldn't help but watch her from the mirror and laugh.  Unfortunately, I had no way to get a photo of it, but some moments are just worth experiencing.

We made it safely to Daddy's office and Bailey decided she didn't want lunch.  As usual though, she was quite sad when we left him at the office.  She hates that part, she really does.  Then suddenly, she started acting sleepy, which I wasn't understanding, but I thought I should find a way to distract this, so I pulled off to go to a Target.  In the time it took to get on that exit and to the parking lot, she was out cold and snoring, and loudly too.  (This happened yesterday too, in a Kohl's, and people couldn't help but stare at this tiny body snoring ever so loudly.)

After enough attempts, I woke her up, which probably wasn't the wisest decision, because then she didn't want to let me do any shopping (which Daddy would probably appreciate).  He's taught her well!  At least she was awake though...

On our way to the Y, we stopped in at Toys 'R Us because they're having some awesome sale this week.  Lisa, the Leapfrog books are Buy 1, Get 1 Free, in case you didn't know.  I found two that Bailey will hopefully like, the Busy Baby one and World Animals.  They're both full of photos of real life objects and animals, so she'll love them; hopefully.  The Crayola Mess-Free stuff was a buy 1, get 1 free deal too!  YAY!

After buying too much stuff, some of which she won't see again for several months, we finally made it to the Y, which is quite possibly her most favorite place in theworld.  She was mesmerized by this three-year-old swimming and splashing.  Bailey was in a fit of giggles because of this kid.

On our way out, she spotted the fresh fruit for sale and demanded a banana.  Okay, so she didn't "demand it," but it sounded better.  Heh.  Let's put it this way, she wanted a banana.  We put in our 50 cents and Bailey was a bundle of excitement.  I guess she was regretting her decision to not eat lunch.  In the car, she instantly was through with that HUGE banana.  The child must have been starving.

 

Something that's always beautiful to my ears, is just how adorable and perfect she is.  Everywhere we go, I get the pleasure of listening to people comment on MY child.  Of course, luckily, I miss the comments when they're saying, "Wow, I'm glad that's not my child yelling," or "People should control their children."  Heh, all of us say it too.

 

No comments: