Thursday, February 2, 2006

An Efficient Method

Bailey and I headed out around 11:30 today and dropped off a cake at Daddy's office.  (Mommy had made it, Daddy forgot to take it, and Mommy didn't want to be tempted to eat it).

We then took Daddy out for lunch where Bailey showed off and made faces and ate Mommy's bread.  She has been really giggly and full of smiles today.  I love that.  Everybody loves that.

After buying a much-needed humidifier at Target and some water-friendly balls for the pool, Bailey and I went swimming at the Y.  We try to do this at least twice a week and I wish I could take photos for you, but that's just not going to happen.  She has such a fabulous time though, giggling, splashing, and attempting to swim.

On the way home, swimming must have brought out the child's appetite.  She had already eaten a biter biscuit, and thought she needed another one too.  It was still in its wrapper, but that didn't stop her.  I was watching her from the mirror as she was trying to use her teeth.  I tried reaching back to take it from her and open it myself, but avoidance was pretty easy on her part.  She got the package opened successfully, all on her own, and chowed down on that.  I am constantly impressed by her persistence.

 About four minutes from our house, she fell asleep and stayed that way for a really long time.  She missed a fantastic opportunity to go play outside, which was sort of disappointing to me, since the weather was so lovely.

But there's always another beautiful day...

No comments: