Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Between the bed and a wall

In between the bed and the wall is sometimes a frustrating place for me.  Stubbed toes in the dark when I should've been in bed hours previously haunt me.  I've also bruised my elbows more times than I want to count.  And in between that wall and the bed is a sleeping child, the most peaceful sight I've ever witnessed.  It's hard to believe that moments before, I was ready to plug my pitiful ears and rescue them from her screams.  And hours before, we'd had quite a time full of arguments and mischief, and needless turmoil, when all I should have done was take a deep breath, maybe a sigh.  In between that bed and the wall is enough room for forgiveness and a smile, and most of all, precious love.

 

But I'm sure I'll forget how much room there is when I bump my elbow tonight.

No comments: