Friday, May 18, 2007

The Importance of Mall Security

Mall security is incredibly important.  I guess I've always taken it for granted before.  But last Friday, I really took a moment to consider it and relish it.  Where would I have been without it?  They're there to make sure purse-snatchers aren't running amok in the parking lot.  They're there to make sure the little white gangster wanna-bes aren't stealing people's shoes and stabbing people in their pockets.    They're there to proclaim Code Adams and search frantically for someone's lost child.  And their most important duty?  The most important reason Oak Park Mall needs/ has mall security?  They have to make sure to keep the mall play area, the place with foam mushrooms and canoes completely safe and free of photography just in case some cute adorable redhead is perched on said-mushroom in an adorable fashion and her mother nonchalantly uses her Nikon in attempt to take a picture.  I mean, you never know what might happen.  That mother might actually get a decent photo taken.  All must be stopped.  Or that mother with the twins?  The mall must be saved.  And impressively, the security shows up just in the knick of time once the cameras above witness the cameras of mothers below.

 

Thank you Oak Park Mall Security for keeping us all safe from photo flashes and our albums free of another snap shot.  Thank you for your infinite protection of "private property."  Also, thank you for giving me one less place to shop.  It keeps more money in my account and less money spent at your establishment.  Again,thank you.  I know my husband does.

No comments: