Monday, September 11, 2006

The Word Nazi

Sometimes I wonder if I did this whole "first words" thing wrong.  I see and hear so many people that count sounds as first words, and well, I didn't do that.  I didn't count a word until it had perfect pronunciation, or at least as close as it could possibly be.  Sure, she said things where I knew what she meant...but I didn't count those things onto her word list.

The reason I bring this up, is because I think I've given myself a complex as I hear people go on about "well, my kid says this..." when of course it sounds like "mu-moo" or something else utterly ridiculous and it's supposed to be "chair" or something.  Okay, so not quite that bad, but close.  I didn't even count words until she hit it just right.  Yeah, I have high expectations, but HEY, at least she manages to get away with "wion."  See, I can be reasonable...

I can.

No comments: