Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Fear of Needles Comes in Handy

There are a couple things positive about people who are scared of needles- they're probably not going to go around stabbing themselves with any sort of object just because they're upset, they're not as likely to inject certain "products," and they're probably not keen on body piercings. These following ideas more than make up for the times my Redhead is screaming in the doctor's office and having to be held down just so the nurse can prick her finger for an anemia test.


We were playing Bailey's new Wii Princess game that Grandma graciously gave us and you get to pick out earrings for your character and Bailey was just changing her cute little character up a bit and so I asked her a question since we were picking out earrings after all. "So, are you going to get your ears pierced?" Now, don't tell Daddy the part where I asked the question, because he will NOT approve at all, but yes, I asked it. BUT, I only asked it because I knew what her reaction would be, because we've been down this merry little lane before.


"NO!" Bailey proclaims as she holds on to her precious little earlobes. "That would hurt. I'll just wear fake earrings. But maybe someday when I get married I will."



I have to admit, I like that idea. Not so much the marriage idea, but that it's in the far off future. Yeah, I'm rather fond of that part and the part where maybe, just maybe, she's not so likely to show up one day with her nose pierced.

No comments: