Sunday, December 16, 2007

Giving Christmas to Heidi

"Heidi" is the little girl of the family we adopted for Christmas.  And on Saturday, we had the pleasure of delivering the family's presents to the fairgrounds in Lawrence.  And how appropriate, it was snowing.  Bailey was ecstatic about both.  She even commented that it was snowing which meant we could now take Heidi's presents to her.  According to Bailey, "Because snow means Christmas is coming!"  She was a bit disappointed she couldn't meet her, but she was a champ about the whole ordeal.

 

The building we had to take our gifts to also housed the Salvation Army Toy Shop and the Angel Tree headquarters.  People were constantly coming and going with gifts in tow, many people needing such things for their own families.  And by observing this, I can tell you, I feel really fortunate which is why I probably love doing this so much.  And after dropping everything off, I was glowing.  And I continued to glow the rest of the day and it made me feel so warm.  I was even more perky at work as I kept thinking about how wonderfully fulfilling it is.

 

And Bailey has taken just as much away from the experience, but in a different form.

No comments: